The standard Taranis looks quite boring… that’s why I already modded one in the past using it on the simulator only. My field working horse got new M9 gimbals and so it was about time to modd this one too. I decided to use permanent markers in two colors but soon I had to admit that it is better to hand this job over to someone with talent. Thanks to Maria Andrea Posso Lopez the job is done!
Daniel from DL Hydrographics did an outstanding job modding the chassis of my Taranis. In addition he used a UV lacquer doing a very nice effect by direct light. To move electronics from the old to the new chassis took me quite a while. Most tricky was to unsolder and solder again the antenna. The solder pads are so tiny… what a fiddling!
This is the third TBS Vendetta I am settin’ up and still can not agree to what Trappy is saying: “From box to air: 5 minutes.” The reason for that you will see in this post.
You need to remove the front bumper to get the electronics tray out of the carbon body.
This is the construction process of my 3s TBS Caipirinha I am flying since almost one year. I decided to go for the old EPP as it is more robust and the battery slot is not moved forward. I built two Caipis with the new low density EPP and didn’t like it because for me it wasn’t stiff enough and kind of too shaky. Also I wanted to use and fully sink the TBS 4000MAH 3S 20C lipo battery which is not possible with the shaft of the new EPP as the carbon rods are in the way.
The kick off to build the new Knurrus Maximus was in May 2014 after crashing my old one (left side of the picture) for too many times.